I am not a good cook by any means but every now and then I am caught up in situations where I am hungry and there is no one at home. Usually I would order something from a restaurant and save the hassle of cooking but what if I don't feel like eating something from outside? That is when I cook. I don't cook complicated stuff since I would mess things up. So here is my recipe for a quick breakfast with minimal effort.
I shall be taking you through the process of making a Spanish Omelette (My style) that would ensure that next time hunger strikes you will have an answer to it. The good part about my recipe is that it includes ingredients that are easily available at every home and you will not have to go to buy any fancy stuff.
1 Bell Pepper
1 Sliced Cheese
1. First things first, make sure to wash the tomato, bell pepper and onion (after peeling its first layer of skin) before using them.
2. Crack the 2 eggs in the bowl.
3. Cut the Onion, Tomato and Bell pepper into small pieces and add it to the bowl. Make sure that you don't use the complete vegetable or else the quantity will be too much to beat. Another important point to note is that when using a Bell pepper make sure to remove its seeds.
4. Cut the Sliced cheese into small pieces and add it to the bowl.
5. Add some salt to the bowl. You can also add black pepper if you want to (I avoided it).
|All ingredients ready to be beaten|
6. Beat the mixture in the bowl for about 30 seconds so that it mixes up well.
7. Turn on the gas on low and use a nonstick pan. Add some oil to the pan (I used Ghee, because I am a Punjabi *winks*). Make sure that the oil or ghee covers the entire base of the pan so that the omelette does not stick to it (Please don't flood it with oil).
|Cooking the Omelette|
8. Pour the mixture into the pan and let it cook for 20-30 seconds. Make sure that you turn it around using a spatula once you see a yellowish brown shade.
9. Cook from the other side and turn it over once again if the omelette looks undercooked.
10. Turn off the gas and transfer the omelette to your plate.
|Spanish Omelette served with Garlic Mayo, Ketchup and Chili Sauce|
11. Serve with Garlic Mayo, Ketchup, Chili Sauce or any other condiment you prefer.
You can probably take some slices of bread and heat them in the nonstick pan for a few seconds from both sides. Your breakfast is ready.
|Spanish Omelette with a glass of Chocolate Milk|
I love to have something to drink with my Omelette. I took a glass, added cold milk to it and some Hershey's Chocolate syrup to it. Stir it and chocolate milk it ready. Those who don't like Milk can have juice with it.
Skills you need to cook the recipe (If you don't possess these super powers please don't cook):
1. Knowing the difference between salt and sugar. I know sugar is good but an Omelette tastes better with salt.
2. Knowing how to turn on the gas. You should also know how to turn it off.
3. Knowing how to use a knife without cutting your fingers.
4. Knowing how to beat an egg. It is nothing like beating someone up.
Once you meet the above requirements, you can try your hand at the recipe.